2012 Grant Recipients
Nine Operation Round Up grants, totaling $9,200, were awarded to area organizations in 2012 from the Burke-Divide Electric Operation Round Up fund.
- The Powers Lake High School SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) chapter was awarded $1,000 to help send students to the state conference held in Grand Forks. SADD groups help students positively deal with issues facing our youth today.
- The Powers Lake High School FFA received $2,000 for students to attend the Leadership Conference for FFA in Washington, D.C.
- The Farm Safety 4 Just Kids program was awarded $2,000 for its safety program. The Farm Safety 4 Just Kids program promotes rural safety for youth through a variety of educational programs.
- The Kenmare High School FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) received $200 to send students to the National FBLA conference.
- The Kenmare Theater was awarded $1,000 to use toward the purchase of a digital projection system for the movie theater.
- The Bowbells PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) received $500 to help repair the outdoor basketball courts in Bowbells.
- The Concordia Lutheran Church youth group received $500 to help defray expenses for a mission trip to New Orleans.
- The Dakota Theater in Crosby was awarded $1,000 to use toward the purchase of a digital projection system for the movie theater.
- The Flaxton Memorial Hall Preservation Committee received $1,000 to use for repairs needed to the Flaxton Memorial Hall. The hall is a World War I memorial and is home to Flaxton school memorabilia. It is used by the community and county organizations for meetings and social gatherings.