Don't be silent about safety!
Safety is everyone’s job! Burke-Divide Electric Cooperative’s system covers a large territory, with thousands of utility poles, hundreds of miles of power line and numerous transformers and other equipment.
As a cooperative member, you can provide a valuable service to your cooperative by observing and reporting hazardous conditions which may threaten electric service reliability or endanger public safety.
Members who notice anything potentially unsafe involving Burke-Divide Electric Cooperative's power lines are asked to contact the cooperative – either call the office or take a photo with your smartphone and send it to us via email. Please include a general location description and/or your phone number so the cooperative can reach you.
The following are some of the conditions you should report to us immediately:
- Downed or sagging power lines or broken wires
- Kites or balloons entangled in power lines
- Broken insulators
- Broken power poles or dangerously leaning poles
- Cracked or damaged utility poles
- Antennas near power lines
- Dead or leaning trees close to power lines or trees entangled in power lines
- Loose guy wires
- Vandalized equipment
- Cut wire or broken locks at electrical substations
- Unlocked underground
- Anyone climbing utility poles or substation fences
Call Burke-Divide Electric Cooperative immediately at 1-800-472-2983.