February Message from the Manager
Changes in electric billing and payment dates
Beginning this month, we will be implementing some changes to our electric billing process. These changes apply to energy usage beginning January 1, 2019, and will be reflected on bills received by members in February.
Historically, we have calculated and distributed monthly electric bills to our members in two separate groups, called cycles, each month. We used two cycles for a variety of reasons including the availability of meter readings.
With the implementation of our new automated metering infrastructure, we are now able to acquire meter readings far quicker than we could in the past. This also allows us to generate monthly bills sooner.
The following illustrates important dates pertaining to billing and payments effective February 1, 2019:
- The Cooperative will read all meters the 1st of each month.
- Electric energy bills will be computed by the Cooperative and submitted to the member by approximately the 5th of the month.
- Payment for electric usage will be due the 25th of each month.
- Members who have signed up for automatic payments will see those payments drafted the 20th of each month.
- Bills that are not paid by the 1st of the month following a billing will be assessed a penalty.
I encourage you to contact our office if you have questions regarding any of the changes to our billing process and payment due date.
Until next time,